Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

So I am a bit behind and this is two e-mails in one (well sorta, they are both short) We got to speak to him for Christmas via Skype so we got to see him too and that was wonderful.  He has an accent you can't quite place because of speaking several different languages but he looks good, and happy. Down to six months until we have our whole family together again after 6 years of at least having one missionary out.  So excited!

Date:  December 26, 2016
Area:  Richards Bay, South Africa
Companion:  Elder Thornsen

well lets see.... what happened this week.

We went to see Sphe who is our most promising investigator. He was unable to come to church this week but hopefully he will come next week. We are teaching him about living and keeping the commandments and he is ready to follow them! He is a power dude and likes to rap.

We found a few new investigators while trying to find less actives in mzingazi. We found this girl thando and guy Chris, they both used to live with a member so they have seen missionaries but have never been taught by them, we spent a good hour talking and getting to know them better and then they started asking all sorts of questions that all lead to the restoration of the church. so we left them with a pamphlet and will try to see them some times this week.

It sometimes gets hard to work during the Christmas season but we keep up the cheer by singing to carols and looking for adventures and service a long the way.

It was awesome to be able to skype with my family this week, they are incredible. All of my younger siblings have gotten lots lots taller.... not sure how I feel about that but eish, life moves on. 


Being a missionary has and continues to change my life every day. I may say I knew about the Savior a little bit before mission, but as a missionary I am blessed to try my best to represent Him every day, to try and do what He would do. As you strive to be like Him you come to know Him and understand just a bit more of His endless love for you. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to come to know my Savior who is Christ. He was born of humble birth, in a dark cave in a manger. He lived an exemplary life. and died in suffering for you. I love the Lord, He is my reason for hope, for love, for peace in all things. 

I love you all and hope you had a wonderful Christmas
Love,
Elder North

Date:  January 2, 2017
Area:  Bloemfontein, South Africa
Companion:  Fransen

Not much time this week,

It was a great week Elder Fransen is a dope dude,

we have done a lot of tracting in town.... eish... but somehow it has been pretty successful.

Because of New Years there arn't a lot of teaching appointments

Love,
Elder North

So much for a wealth of information about his new area!  HAHAHHAA

No comments:

Post a Comment