Saturday, June 4, 2016

Two for one!


Sorry about the two weeks in one this missionary mom has been slacking.  :(


Date:  May 23, 2016
Area:  Maseru, Lesotho
Companion:  Elder Woodland
Week:  48

Zone conference and Baptisms!!!!!

We had zone conference this week, awesome for so many reasons, one of which is the two-night stay in a hotel!!! and re-entering south Africa again and getting to eat a McDonalds again since we are deprived of such here in Lesotho.

Zone conference was all about revelation. I took some real introspection and realized I have a lot of work to do on receiving better and more frequent personal revelation. In our leadership meeting we talked about the importance of councils, we will be in many councils throughout our life, most importantly marriage. We are in a council with our companion, district, zone, and mission. We get together at points and discuss together how to improve, and what to improve. I always love zone conference because we get to hear from our mission president, and hear insights from other missionaries as well. It leaves you on a spiritual high that you fight to maintain as long as possible. 

But the real exciting thing that happened this week were the baptisms that took place!

so Tsepiso was the young girl that was supposed to be baptized last month but due to water issues was pushed back a month, well finally the time came and she was able to be baptized, her testimony was amazing! She is young but knows something that many of us lack.

Next is Liako, now this girl is awesome. so we met her at the EMT class the we teach at once a week. we teach basic moral principles on a higher level that can be found in the for strength of youth. she was interested and started her journey of discipleship with meeting with the missionaries. she was taught about a month and was ready for baptism, she had made some major changes in her life and really does seem like a new person. I was blessed to be able to be the one to perform her baptism, I have really grown a love for this young women as I have seen the changes she has been making in her life and it is quite amazing and I ham just glad that I get to be a part of it.





Mom I just sent a package today. :)

Love you all 
Elder North

Date:  May 30, 2016
Area:  Maseru, Lesotho
Companion:  Elder Woodland
Week:  49


Transfer #9 begins

Well here we go. Transfer news has come and Elder Woodland will be leaving me, He will be going to New Castle with Elder Kaitoo.... needless to say I am jealous of that, I love Elder Kaitoo, he is such a fun guy to be around and great to talk to. I sure am going to miss him seeing how he goes home in 4 weeks. (Elder k2 goes home not Woodland)

We had a lot of fun in the area and was able to see a lot of growth here. I am sad to see Elder Woodland leave because we had so much fun working and learning together but we part to meet again as they say.
The sign at the church in Sesotho and English.

I will be receiving Elder Lenard, he has fetal alcohol syndrome and has a smile all the time. I am stoked to get him as a companion. I have met him a couple of times but never got to really know him. I know there will be a lot of things to learn from him and I hope his joyful spirit rubs off on me while we are together for the next bit of our journey through mission.


We went up to the mountains to help a member
dig 3,000 holes to plant trees.  It was
exhausting to say the least but a good experience.

minnionary

It is winter here

Liako the awesome girl that I baptized got
me this gift.  It's me!!!  So much niceness!!!!




Super Missionary


The mountains are beautiful, all of Lesotho is beautiful!


working hard or hardly working?
This week has been quite uneventful but still good, thus how it goes during the transfer times.

sorry for keeping it short but is guess its fine, my dad always told me K.I.S.S.
Keep it simple stupid, or, keep it stupid simple.

Love you all
Elder North









No comments:

Post a Comment