Monday, August 10, 2015

Long week

Date:  August 10, 2015
Area:  Kimberly, South Africa
Companion:  Elder Jena
Week 7

I guess I should start with Monday. It was a crazy day for sure! So like I said in my last email we had a zone activity and went and saw some cheetahs and lions and what not, way cool African experience! I got to pet a freaking Cheetah in Africa!  Have you? 

















So a awesome day turned into a long night. We got back to our boarding and as we were preparing for bed Elder Jena started getting a sharp pain in his chest, he has been sickish for a couple weeks now, vomiting on occasion and constant diarrhea. We tried to wait out the pain but it just got worse so we ended up going to the hospital which wasnt as much help as you would like. We spent over an hour there before we could even see a doctor! He got hooked up to an IV and given some medication and we were out by 2AM. It was quite the long night! They say it is probably worms from the water here. Like I said, fishey water...


The rest of the week went pretty well as far as the work goes. we had two powerful packed days full of lessons and finding new people to teach, Im really excited to teach some of the new people because our investigators arnt super commited they dont have the spiritual drive to really read or come to church so we are hoping we can change that in the coming weeks.

Long week as the subject of this email states. I dont know exactly why the week has felt so long but I think its because I have been missing home quite a bit. I think of all of you frequently and love you all. I really miss having my Mah around to talk to all the time. Its a good think though, this seperation is for me to learn and boy have I learned a lot already, I am becoming quite the chef cooking stews of all sorts.

Pap is starting to grow on me, every time I eat it I like it more, I cant wait to make some for all of you back home!
Pap at a members house

Not much time this week so Its short but Ill write better next week! I love you all and miss you! I know on the other hand this is where I am ment to be and I wouldnt want to be anywhere else in the world besides south Africa!!!

Some quotes I lilked this week. "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" I really love this quote and apply it to just about everything.

"Salvation is individual, Exultation is a family matter" ~Elder Bednar

Love
Elder North

RPC I write this a lot, it means Read, pray and Church. these are the commitment we leave with a lot of our investigators and I would commit all of you to the same. Read you scriptures and then pray about it "if you want to talk to God, pray, if you want Him to talk to you, Read your scriptures!" and go to church we all need to be at church to help strengthen one another and to learn!
Cool ornament on the gate

What they do here instead of barbed wire

the awesome gate
Mikel would love mail!  So please write him.

Please make sure and do not use nick names when addressing his letters as they will not be able to figure out who that is to.

It costs $1.20 and you can buy forever international stamps.

Elder Mikel North
South Africa Durban Mission
PO Box 1741
Wandsbeck 3631
South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment