Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Speaking in church and saying Goodbye for two years.

Not an easy thing to say goodbye to someone you love for two years, much less with limited contact.  So why do we do it?  We do it because we know with all our hearts that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true.  We do it to share His word with our brother's and sister's around the globe.  We do it because we were asked to.  As a mom it is very hard to let your child go anywhere much less to the unknown but we know that Mikel is doing what his Heavenly Father wants.  If you want to learn more about this go to lds.org or mormon.org.  Missionaries like my son can come teach you about our beliefs.

Mikel did a great job speaking in church on Sunday.  He shared stories and made me cry big time and I made him cry.  He is such a tenderhearted guy.  His soccer coach was worried about him because on the field Mikel is an angry little man as I like to call him but off the field he is very sweet and kind.  I am not worried about him.  I will miss him but I know he will have the adventure of his life going to South Africa.  He will learn and grow and become a man while he is gone and learn skills that he could not learn anywhere else.

We are so thankful for all those that came out and supported Mikel on Sunday.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, we hope you will continue to support him by sending him letters and keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.

Here are some pictures from Sunday.  So bummed I didn't get them with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment