Wednesday, June 24, 2015

First letter from Africa

Date:  June 24, 2015
Companion:  Not yet
Area:  Jo'burg MTC
Week 1

So I made it!  I landed in South Africa today safe and sound and with all my stuff!

So lets go to the beginning.  I left yesterday morning to fly to Atlanta and at the airport there I met up with Elder Doney and Elder Michelson, and two others from Saint George.  Elder Michelson is from Canada.

On the flight here there was a kid around 16 years old, he asked if what I had in my hand was a Bible and I told him it was a Book of Mormon, that its like a Bible.  Its more teaching of Christ and his ministry.  He said cool then I replied with I do have a Bible.  He then proceeded with what version I had and I told him King James.  His answer surprised me.  He said, That is my favorite version.  So he seemed interested in who we are and "why we were in uniform" so I gave him a pass along card.

At Atlanta we met up with one other Elder his name was Beavis I think.  We then got on the long plane ride and they brought us some pasta so I felt like a king eating in the sky!

I talked about the church to and elderly couple behind us and I think I almost made the father cry when I talked about eternal families so hopefully I'm planting seeds.

The flight was over 15 hours long to get here and it looks like the movies flying, just yellow grass.

I'm in Johannesburg right now for the MTC and 17 more missionaries are coming tomorrow.  (The ones from other areas come on Wednesday evenings and the natives enter on Thursday)

Sorry I don't have much time today so I'm not going to reply to any personal e-mails I got, so this is what you all get.

I love you all!
Give em heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment