Friday, February 3, 2017

So its was an awesome week for a few reasons.





Displaying DSCN4591.JPGDate:  January 23, 2016
Area:  Bloemfontein, South Africa
Companion:  Elder Fransen


This might be a bit short because of the lack of time I have today, eish, ngiya xolisa.

So I had the great oppurtunity to go up to Kimberley this week, some of you may remember that is where I started my mission. We had to go up there to interview someone who is preparing to be baptized this coming sunday. now here is the best part. the lady (kayla) is the daughter of Philda Williams! I baptized Philda 15 months ago! and now her daugther has moved back home and is getting baptized. it was so amazing to get to see her again and to see how strong she has been this year! what a blessing to be a part of her daughter being baptized. It was one of the most spiritual and touching interviews I have been able to conduct. I am just super happy and excited for this family!
Displaying DSCN4593.JPG
Displaying DSCN4580.JPG
Displaying DSCN4581.JPG

I also go to visit a few other old friends from Kimberley. I saw Liberty who is a member and also Smalls and Fadd, two youth that would work with us a lot. Smalls has gotten older for sure and no longer sounds like a 12 year old he now sounds like a 16 year old.

Displaying DSCN4563.JPG
Fadd on left Smallz's on right

Also we saw sister Dah who is like the missionaries mom that side, she really takes care of us and helps in every way she can to help the work. It was super weird being back in Kimberley. It didn't feel like that long ago when I was there. the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Displaying DSCN4556.JPG
Kayla on left, Philda Williams on right
Displaying DSCN4573.JPG
Sister Dah


Sindiswa came to church this week as well so that's awesome. We will just about finish all the lessons with her this week and she is scheduled to be baptized in Feb. I am super excited, she is an awesome women. This will be the first person who I have found by knocking on a door and been able to teach all the way to baptism. that is if everything goes well. One thing I really like about the lessons we have with her is we sing hymns each time and its always a powerful experience. There is power in music!!!!

Ntate Tladi is progressing well and is now meeting with the senior couple as much as  possible before they leave back for home in Sandy Utah. We are hopeful that he will be baptized in Feb as well.

The work is awesome and I am so lucky to be apart of it all. Mission is too cool!

Love
Elder North

No comments:

Post a Comment