Monday, July 4, 2016

ONE YEAR

Date:  June 27, 2016
Area:  Mseru, Lesotho
Good advice!
Companion:  Elder Lenard

Wait wait wait. no the subject says what!?!?

this cant be right. I just came on mission and the calendar is telling me I have been here for one year. It is crazy and cliche but time flies ay?

Well one year. what have I learned? the list is too big to begin. I have learned so much about myself, about life, others, trials, fears, joy, sadness, addiction, recovery, prayer, answers, blessings and more!!!

I have been blessed beyond measure this past year. Although I seem to make many mistakes, get frustrated or angry at times the Lord seems to bless me still. When I feel inadequate He lifts me up and pushes me forward.

This year has been hard for sure, but worth it! Oh it has been so worth it. Worth the initial home sickness, the leaving of friends and family, the not knowing what I am doing here, the want to go home, the I want to punch my companion, the I want to give up, the this is hard, the is it worth it, the can I do it, the countless prayers for help, the feeling of lacking, the everything that mission throws at you. YES  it is all worth it! and at the end of the day I LOVE IT!

Eish, it is cold here in South Africa.


I love the people, the land, the language, the buildings, the dirt roads, the pot holes, the struggle, the joy, the peace, the love, the hope, the comfort, the lessons, the blessings, the growth, the spirit, the brotherhood, the desire, the smiles, long days, the falling asleep during your prayers, the waking up the next day on your knees, and just everything mission really does give you! Do it! Love it!
cooking outside

Its kinda weird to think I am a year and considered "old on mission" and my babe just went home today. sad day.
So to celebrate no I did not burn a shirt even though a lot of them have holes and rips that have been stitched. instead I took my companion out and we had a nice dinner of steak and ribs! it was awesome. I haven't had steak in exactly one year. (we took him out to eat for his last meal and he chose Longhorn Steakhouse)

I have come to love this gospel. I have come to love the scriptures and recently love the Bible, its soooo good haha. I love my savior, brother, and friend Christ. He is my hope, my salvation, my safety. I love my Father in Heaven. His love fills my heart! I am so grateful I get the chance to testify every single day about Their divine love for us. About our purpose here on earth, where we came from, what we are to do. and testify of the blessings of a modern day prophet who leads and guides us. I know it, I know it, I know it. That's just it. It's so perfect and beautiful and simple. It brings the sweetest and best feeling I have ever felt in my life. 100x times better than your first kiss 100x better than perfecting a back flip 100x better than scoring the championship goal to win the game! Nothing compares to the love I feel when I am doing what my Father in Heaven wants, when I am testifying that He lives! When I feel the comfort and truth when reading and praying over my scriptures.
Took my companion for dinner for my "birthday" (one year mark)

PS dad, I used my card from home for this meal.

Have a blessed week! I love you!

Elder North

No comments:

Post a Comment