Monday, December 7, 2015

December....Wait what!

Date:  December 7, 2015
Area:  Amanzimtoti, South Africa
Companion:  Elder SAibeko
Week 24

wo wo wo what happend to November? I am super confused right now.... wasn't it just... where did Novem.... how come its..... hmmmm.....

Well according to everyone around me it seems like we decided just to skip November and go to December, I mean they keep telling me that its december 7th and I was just trying to explain to them that yesterday was November 6th so it has to still be November, but the people are quite persistent, I mean they even changed all the dates on the phones to say its december, I guess people just cant wait for this Christmas season.  Who can blame them! Christmas! I think of Spanish word mas which means more so I read Christ-mas as more Christ!!!! thats how I think it should be as we approach the day we commemorate the birth of our savior. We should focus more on Christ and less on us, More on service and less on self indulgence. Its quite a different feeling here on the other side of the world because December is summer and so people start to party like crazy during this month. The thoughts of most are far from Christ. During this month we should discover more about why #ASaviorIsBorn and learn how we can come closer to Him, and be more like Him. There still none the less is a special feeling in the air, partly due to the summer buzz but also that Christmas spirit that has just been emitted out of the festive hearts of those we meet. We have focused on teaching about the Savior this season and how he is the true and greatest gift given. A special spirit comes while you testify of the birth and reality of Jesus Christ and what He has done for us, His greatest gift. 

I know with all my heart that the son of God, Jesus Christ, the way of truth and light, came to earth, just as you and I have. Unlike you and I He did something extraordinary. He gave us this incredible gift I have hinted to. He suffered, bleed and died for us. through Him we may return to Heaven with Him. I know it to be true! Guess what, SO CAN YOU!!! I encourage you during this time of Christ-mas to find out who He is to you.

This is Jude the crab we caught. We like catching crabs... he is so cute :) I tried to feed him my cheerios. Elder Sibeko thought that the crab looked quite tasty.

Mission life has been pretty great here in Amanzimtoti. Love is the key, they are the door. If you want them to open up to you, Love them. You need to key to open the door. When you love the people you meet on mission your mission becomes something else entirely. When you gain a love for the people you serve your whole attitude changes, you begin to have a new found source of strength and energy to get you out knocking doors, talking to people. You love them and want the best for them. We know that the gospel truly is the best thing for everyone and that's what pushes us to go from door to door, gate to gate, after rejection again and again. If you dont love the people you will not love your mission I can promise you that. I am thankful that the people her in Toti have made it so easy for me to fall in love with them. Loving them makes every day a good day!
Went to a less active members house
and found it empty and abandoned but a cool
little mermaid painting was on the wall
Lessons have been good, days have been packed, and progress has been made. We are scheduled to have a baptism next week of a boy named Cebo (the C is a click from your front teeth) He is 15 turning 16 next month. I have had the amazing opportunity to teach him and see his understanding grow. I am so excited to see him take this step and put his trust in Christ by following His example to enter to the water of baptism. its the first step of a long journey and no it dosnt mean it will be easy but we know its worth it!
My little sis sent me this picture and rainbow and told
me to smile every day. so far so good. Thank you!
(The photo of Taylynne so goofy is her school picture.
She wanted to keep alive Mikel's tradition of a silly
yearbook photo.)
Always follow true north, couldn't have said it better myself.

Love you all, miss you all, and pray for you all! 
Elder M.North

No comments:

Post a Comment