Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas!!!!!

traditional headress
Date:  December 21, 2015
Area:  Amanzimtoti, South Africa
Companion:  Elder Saibeko
Week 26

It's beginning to look a lot like summer, everywhere I go.... its funny how back home you never think about how in other places of the world its not cold this season. so I was feeling like our boarding was Christmas lacking so I made a tree, isn't it cute! definitely helped me feel like it was Christmas.

So this month is kind of hard for work because a lot of holiday makers (vacationers) so a lot of people dont even live here, or its summer and they are just partying and not thinking about Christ at all, but no need to be sad because its Christmas and we have so much to celebrate. 

On to this week, well I picked up my new companion Elder Adams, and yes he is the best! we came out on mission at the same time so we are both only six months out and we were already friends from our previous area. so from the day I got him we went to a lesson and in the middle of teaching we stopped and just sat for a couple seconds and then Adams asked a truly inspired question that really opened up the lesson. its changed from us talking person to person, to us talking spirit to spirit. We may be the same time out but I have so much to learn from this guy! I am stoked for the next couple weeks we have together. 

A great experience I had this week was when we got bunked and were deciding what to do when I just kept thinking about xolani an investigator who we have been unable to visit in about 4 weeks because he started working but we decided we should try to see if he was home anyways. When we got there you would never believe it.... he wasn't there.... of course haha its what we expected but what we didn't expect was to find his sister, we
At a wedding
talked with her a bit to get to know her and ended up teaching her the restoration, at the end of the lesson we talked about how important prayer is and how we can actually receive an answer from our father in heaven. just like any parent they want to hear from us and are there for us. We invited her to pray right there and then, while she was praying she started crying and laughing all at the same time and the spirit was so strong It was incredible, it was amazing to feel the Savior work through us a missionaries and guide us to those who are ready for us!

Well I wish to talk more but I am out of time, marry Christmas! I know that Christ was born for us he lived for You and loves you! I have felt his arms lift me up and and strengthen me in times of weakness. I love this gospel and I love the Savior.



Love
Elder M.North


No comments:

Post a Comment